Vegan & Gluten-free
These gluten-free & vegan baked beauties are moist and fluffy, packed full of sweet dates and nuts, definitely healthy enough for breakfast or on the go!
This recipe serves 8 muffins.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 150 g almond flour
- 150 g oat flour (make sure it’s pure oat to ensure its gluten free)
- 100 ml coconut milk or another plant based milk
- 1 banana
- 25 ml coconut oil or olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful dates
- Handful almonds & pecan nuts (or pick your own favourites :-))
- Tablespoon linseed
- Pinch of salt
- Teaspoon baking powder (ensure its gluten free)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the coconut/olive oil in a bowl and add the banana, milk, lemon juice and salt.
- Sift in the almond and oat flour and add the baking powder. Mix well, add a tiny splash more milk if it looks too dry.
- Blend the dates with a mixer and add together with the almonds & pecan nuts and linseed to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 8 muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen, use a skewer to check if they are ready.
Your vegan & gluten-free beauties are ready now! Bon Appétit!
Tip: Cut a muffin in half and add some plantbased coconut yoghurt, fresh blueberries & cinnamon to transform your Sunday morning breakfast into a celebration.